The Coleman Veterans Memorial Committee is made up of local
residents devoted to the education of
our communitys youth, residents and visitors regarding the sacrifices and services
of our nations service
men and women.
Our goals are to collect funds to create and maintain the
Coleman Veterans Memorial.
It is our intent to continue to raise funds for upkeep of the said memorial and to assist
in the creation of
other memorials honoring our nations service men and women.
We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit corporation. Our primary mission
- A. Raising funds and expending those funds for the purpose of purchasing, displaying,
maintaining public statues and memorials in honor and remembrance of veterans of the Armed
Forces or the United States who served, sacrificed, or became missing in action in armed
- B. Placing such statues and memorials in a public park owned by the City of Coleman.
- C. Educating the public about the United States armed conflicts, honoring those who
promoting patriotism by reminding the public of the sacrifices made by our soldiers on
- D. Distributing property to qualified charitable organizations; For purposes of these
term qualified charitable organization shall mean an organization which is
described in Section
170(c)(1) or (2) of the Code
- E. Performing any and all lawful activities that may be incidental to or reasonably
accomplishing the forgoing purposes.